Capital MMA & Elite Fitness is proud to partner with The Wellness Connection for a Mental Health Webinar on Thursday, February 18th, from 6-7pm EST. This is a free and anonymous webinar for members and friends of Capital MMA & Elite Fitness. To participate in the webinar, please register and save the URL from the registration confirmation page or the confirmation email.
Mental health is a state of well-being that allows people cope with stress, work productively, and effectively make contributions to their communities. Mental health problems are common and can affect thinking, mood and/or behavior. At every stage in life it is important to assess your overall well-being, and if you are experiencing mental health problems, know that you can get better. It’s also important to understand that there are times when help and guidance play an essential role in recovery.
Our host for the evening will be Susan McCormick, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and owner of The Wellness Connection.
Topics of Discussion:
- Stress & the impact it has on our bodies
- The Silent Disease — what it looks like & how to identify it in self & others
- Unhealthy coping strategies — the ease of numbing
- Updated research on anxiety/ depression/ trauma
- Therapy 101 — what to expect from therapy & how it works
- Healthy coping strategies
- Where to turn for help
- Live Q&A
If you interested please register in advance. If you know someone who might be interested, or who could benefit from this opportunity, please let them know. We truly look forward to being with everyone on Thursday, February 18th, from 6-7pm EST. Remember, this is a free and anonymous webinar.
If you or someone you know is experiencing one or more of these feelings or behaviors, it could be the sign of a mental health concern:
- Too much or too little sleep
- Self isolation
- Having little or no energy
- Excessive alcohol or drug use
- Feeling confused, worried, helpless, or hopeless
- Having problems with established relationships
- Inability to perform daily tasks
- Thinking of harming yourself or others
We are proud to serve our communities to create a safe and friendly environment for proven martial arts and fitness programs.